Taking The First Steps - Delaware School of Real Estate
The very first step toward a career in real estate is to become licensed.
Our pre-licensing school, the Delaware School of Real Estate, can help you take the first steps by giving you a firm foundation on which to build your future success. The 99-hour course has three components - real estate math, real estate law and real estate practices. If you are proficient in math, you may "test out" of the math section. In 2022, classes are offered as follows:
Evening Program classes are held on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m..
* Winter Session: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 and runs through Thursday, March 31, 2022.**
* Spring Session: Monday, April 25, 2022 and runs through Monday, July 18, 2022.**
* Fall Session: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 and runs through Thursday December 1, 2022.**
Accelerated Day Program classes are held on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m..
* Winter Session: Thursday, February 17, 2022 and runs through Thursday, March 24, 2022**
* Spring Session: Thursday, April 21, 2022 and runs through Thursday, May 26, 2022**
* Summer Session: Monday, July 11, 2022 and runs through Monday, August 15, 2022.**
* Fall Session: Thursday, October 13, 2022 and runs through Thursday, November 17, 2022.**
** NOTE: These classes will be live distance education - Students must have a computer with Internet access, a functioning video camera and speakers to participate in the live virtual instruction. Students are required to remain on camera at all times during the class. Students will be taking the course from the safety and comfort of their own home.
In the pre-licensing course, you will learn about all forms of ownership, the Realtor Code of Ethics, and fair housing practices. You will also study the Delaware license laws. The pre-licensing course does not teach you how to sell real estate but prepares you to take the licensing examination which consists of about 120 questions. You must score 70% to pass. The licensing exam takes 2 to 3 hours to complete, and you will know immediately if you have passed or failed. If you do not pass, you can take the exam again after 24 hours. You must pass the exam and apply for your license within one year of completing the pre-licensing course. The cost of the state exam is $85.
Don't forget to like us on Facebook!