Property Management Services
Whether you are a considering renting out your primary residence or have a large investment portfolio, we offer service levels to fit your needs.
Click below to download information about our services and to complete the forms needed to proceed.
First time landlord? We often work with clients who are considering renting out their primary residence. You have questions and we are happy to offer guidance to help you make an informed decision. We can help you if you are moving around town or across the globe. Make sure to download our information packet; it is an excellent first step.
Small or large scale investor? We have the experience to help you keep your portfolio running smoothly. Let us assist you with tenant placement or fully manage your properties so you can free up your time to move to the next level. Please see our investor discount information at the bottom of the page.
Flexible Property Management Solutions
Patterson-Schwartz offers professional property management throughout Delaware, in Southern Chester County and or western Delaware County, Pennsylvania and Cecil County, Maryland. Landlords may choose Full-Management, Non-Management, or the Landlord Assistance Program.
Full Property Management
The management fee is 10% of the monthly rent, plus a leasing fee*, which is equivalent to one month’s rent. In addition to the services listed under Non-Management we will:
- Collect monthly rent
- Monitor payments; mail 5 Day Late Rent Notice, if applicable
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Respond to tenant phone calls
- Provide 24-hour emergency maintenance service
- Handle all tenancy challenges and resolve problems
- Provide financial information and documentation to owner for tax purposes and requirements
- Order and pay for maintenance on owner’s behalf and reconcile monthly
- Prepare lease renewal annually
*The leasing fee is charged each time a new tenant is acquired for the property.
Non-Management (Tenant Placement)
The non-management fee is the equivalent of one month's rent (minimum $750), for which we will:
- Market property on pattersonschwartz.com and respond to online inquiries
- Install a Patterson-Schwartz Lawn Sign with text messaging feature (if allowable/ appropriate)
- List property on TReND, the regional multiple listing service
- List property on our internal rental list (available to our sales associates, corporate relocation clients, and the public)
- Schedule property showings
- Offer co-broke compensation to showing agents from other real estate companies
- Inform owner of inquiries and showing activity
- Process rental application (including credit check, landlord reference, and employment verification) and present summary to owner for approval/rejection
- Prepare lease and other documents as required
- Manage tenant move-in, which includes lease signing, providing keys, collecting first month's rent, collecting security deposit, and collecting pet deposit (if applicable)
- The executed lease, first month's rent, pet, and/or security deposit (minus our leasing fee) is forwarded to the property owner. Day-to-day management of the property, tenant concerns, and collection of remaining rents are the owner's responsibility. Lease renewal is available at a cost of $225.
Landlord Assistance Program
The Landlord Assistance Program is available to owners who have already secured or prefer to secure their own tenants. The following fee-for-service options are available:
- Rental Application Processing $175
- Lease Preparation $350
- Lease Renewal $225
- Change Lease (add/remove tenant) $100 (+$175 for rental application(s) processing, if required)
For additional information, or to speak with a Property Manager, please call us at 302-234- 5240 or email us now.
Patterson-Schwartz provides full management services to investors on both single-family and multi-unit housing. We understand that you are looking for competent management, easy accounting, and pricing that makes sense. We offer discounted management fees based on the total rent collected. The discount applies to the management fee and will not fluctuate based on vacancies. In addition to the suite of full management services, investors will be provided monthly statements that include full portfolio and individual building summaries. Our detailed year-end summaries will also make tax time much easier.
Monthly rent collected $15,000 = 9% Management Fee
Monthly rent collected $25,000 = 8% Management Fee
Let’s get started!