Buying A Home
Our goal is to help educate and prepare you for buying your home.
Buying a home is likely the biggest investment you will ever make. So when you're ready to make a move - whether it's buying a new home in a different neighborhood or relocating your family to the area - you'll want a trusted, experienced partner like a Patterson-Schwartz REALTOR to guide you through the home-buying process.
With over a half-century of proven results, Patterson-Schwartz has earned the reputation as the leading local, independent real estate company in Delaware and the surrounding area. You can trust one of our knowledgeable REALTORS to guide you through the home-buying process - or as we like to say - make your home and investment dreams come true!
While the process of purchasing a home is specific to your needs and circumstances, the level of customer service you expect to receive should exceed your expectations. Our goal at Patterson-Schwartz is to create such a pleasurable experience that we earn your future business.
To help you get started on the home buying process, we have assembled a seasonal guide covering topics of interest to our buyers.
The current guide includes:
- Buying a Home This Summer
- Expert Insights for Homebuyers
- Patience Is Key in a Competitive Market
- 3 Reasons We Aren’t in a Housing Bubble
- Why Listing Prices Are Like an Auction’s Reserve Price
- Owning a Home Is Still More Affordable Than Renting One
- Key Terms to Know in the Homebuying Process
- The Path to Homeownership
- Do I Really Need a 20% Down Payment?
- Things to Avoid After Applying for a Mortgage
- 5 Tips for Making a Successful Offer
- Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Professional