Ready to take the next step?
If you would like to schedule an appointment to view a rental property, knowing our rental requirements and process will make the next step go smoothly.
Scheduling an Appointment with Patterson-Schwartz Property Management:
Properties are shown by appointment only please call 302 234-5240. Many properties will require at least 24 hours’ notice if occupied.
Please drive by the property prior to the appointment to ensure the location fits your needs. A Patterson-Schwartz agent will meet you at the property at the agreed time. Should you need to cancel your listing appointment, please let your showing agent know as soon as possible.
We qualify our applicants based on good credit clear of open judgments and past-due debt, positive landlord references and rental history, and solid job history with income sufficient to comfortably cover the rent plus utilities.
Incomplete applications will not be processed; please ensure that all fields are completed.
- All prospective tenants must complete a rental application (max. two applicants per form.) There is a non-refundable fee of $50.00 to process an application
- All parties desiring occupancy must view the property (by appointment with a Patterson-Schwartz or co-broker agent) prior to submitting a signed application. If it's not possible for all parties to view the property, a notarized "Authorization to View" must be submitted by the party(ies) not available. (An "Authorization to View" may not be acceptable to some owners.)
- We require two recent original paystubs per applicant, and all information on paystubs must be readily verifiable. Copies will be accepted with a faxed/e-mailed application; originals must be presented within two (2) business days.
- If starting a new job, please provide an original "offer letter" on company letterhead, verifying job title, start date, salary, and supervisor name and contact information; if employed less than six months, please provide an original letter on company letterhead, verifying job title, start date, salary, and supervisor name and contact information. All phone numbers provided must be landlines; cell phone numbers are not accepted for employment verification.
- If you do not have credit references and/or have been employed less than six months, the property owner may accept a co-signer. A co-signer must be employed and reside in the state the property is located.
Please read all inclusions and exclusions concerning the property; special requests should be made in writing, and will be presented to the owner with the application. Processing time for an application is typically 3-5 working days.
Applications are submitted to owners by PSA property managers. The sales associate showing the property does not negotiate the rental agreement. The property owner makes the final decision to accept or reject an application.
The property owner dictates the pet policy for the particular unit. If the rental property description indicates no pets, the owner will not consider pets. If the owner indicates that pets will be considered, it normally means one pet, although we will seek the permission of the owner (prior to processing the application) if you have more than one. A pet deposit equal to one month’s rent is standard.