Flexible Property Management Solutions
Patterson-Schwartz offers professional property management throughout Delaware, in Southern Chester County, Pennsylvania and Cecil County, Maryland. Landlords may choose Non-Management, Full Property Management or the Landlord Assistance Program.
The non-management fee is the equivalent of one month's rent (minimum $750), for which we will:
- Market property on pattersonschwartz.com and respond to online inquiries within 24 hours
- Install a Patterson-Schwartz Lawn Sign with text messaging feature (if allowable/appropriate)
- List property on TReND, the regional multiple listing service for Delaware and Pennsylvania; and MRIS, Maryland's multiple listing service
- List property on our internal rental list (available to our sales associates, corporate relocation clients and the public)
- Schedule property showings
- Offer co-broke compensation to showing agents from other real estate companies
- Inform owner of inquiries and showing activity
- Process rental application (including credit check, landlord reference and employment verification) and present to owner for approval/rejection
- Prepare lease and other documents as required
- Manage tenant move-in, which includes lease signing, providing keys, collecting first month's rent, collecting security deposit, collecting pet deposit (if applicable)
The executed lease, first month's rent, pet and/or security deposit (minus our leasing fee) is forwarded to the property owner. Day-to-day management of the property, tenant concerns and collection of remaining rents are the owner's responsibility. Lease renewal is available at a cost of $225.
Full Property Management
The management fee is 10% of the monthly rent, plus a leasing fee1, which is equivalent to one month’s rent. In addition to the services listed above we will:
- Collect monthly rent
- Monitor payments; mail 5 Day Late Rent Notice if applicable
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Respond to tenant phone calls
- Provide 24-hour emergency maintenance service
- Handle all tenancy challenges and resolve problems
- Provide financial information and documentation to owner for tax purposes and requirements
- Order and pay for maintenance on owner’s behalf and reconcile monthly
- Prepare lease renewal annually
1The leasing fee is charged each time a new tenant is acquired for the property.
Landlord Assistance Program
The Landlord Assistance Program is available to owners who have already secured or prefer to secure their own tenants. The following fee-for-service options are available:
|Change Lease (add/delete tenant)||$1002|
|Applicant Rejection Fee||$50/applicant|
2(plus Credit Report, Landlord Reference, Employment Verification fees, if required)
For additional information, or to speak with a Property Manager, please call us at 302-234-5240 or email us now.
Should you wish to proceed, complete the Owner Information Form and return to us via an email to your assigned Property Manager, or fax to 302-234-5237.